About the Job
Bright Mind Enrichment (BME), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization and recipient of GuideStar Silver and Bronze Seals of Transparency, is a community wellness organization dedicated to helping individuals thrive academically, socially, and emotionally.
BME is seeking a fundraiser to join our team. In this role, you will use your expert communication skills and keen sense of initiative to spot fundraising opportunities, develop relationships with potential donors, and manage fundraising campaigns.
The ideal candidate will be motivated, professional, and organized, with a knack for research. We are looking for someone who believes in BME’s mission and will demonstrate exceptional drive to coordinate events, writing proposals and recruiting and leading volunteers, helping further our existing fundraising efforts and help strategize and deliver new ones.
Objectives of this Role
- Promote awareness of the BME’s mission and work.
- Cultivate a network of dedicated donors and volunteers.
- Identify new fundraising opportunities.
- Plan and manage fundraising initiatives to help BME meet its financial goals.
- Form strong relationships with external stakeholders.
- Continue our mission of transparency to ensure major donors are satisfied and kept in the loop.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities
- Research potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs and donation habits to understand how to position our organization to them.
- Effectively convey the organization’s mission, vision, and programs to potential donors.
- Build upon existing donor relationships and form new donor relationships on a regular basis.
- Strategize and successfully execute new methods of fundraising to to meet or surpass fundraising targets (e.g., social media opportunities – AR/VR, etc.), while overseeing a team of volunteers.
- Assist in planning and coordinating events meant to raise funds and coordinate activities of volunteers and interns related to event planning and execution.
- Manage a budget and analyze performance of events and other fundraising effectives for effectiveness and identify areas of cost saving opportunities.
- Support creation of marketing materials to be used for the promotion of events and other fundraising pushes (e.g., flyers and brochures).
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors and manage regular donor communications.
Skills and Qualifications
- Equivalent of high school diploma or higher.
- Effective communication skills and relationship-building skills.
- Adept at managing tasks, planning events, and balancing priorities.
- Prior fundraising, sales, or customer service or experience preferred.
- Prior work or volunteer experience in the nonprofit sector or with social-engaged organizations helpful.
- His is a project-based position and the individual will be compensated accordingly.
This is a virtual opportunity with no fixed address.
When To Start
We’ll work with your schedule
Our diverse team includes: #Consultants, #Volunteers, #Retirees, and #Internships, #Returnship Volunteers, #Visa Candidates (including OPT), #Externships
Bright Mind Enrichment is a community wellness organization dedicated to helping individuals thrive academically, socially, and emotionally. We recently launched a community wellness initiative:
Street Care focused on helping vulnerable populations through our deployable online and on-the-streets outreach program approach. We have an app, a store for in-the-field gear, dozens of how-to videos, and much more. We are passionate about building community and this is a crucial time to create transformative change!
You will work closely with BME’s leadership and team and have full support from our diverse teams spanning different industries, including non-profit work and various types of project management experience. We have worked hard to create strong internal systems, which have worked well both for project managers and the team members with whom they work. Along with numerous tracking materials and modules, we have a variety of organizational methods to help us track work.
To Learn More Contact Us : firstname.lastname@example.org